Who did they survey?
- Me (academic)
- Tim Hazledine (academic)
- Sholeh Manni (academic)
- Benje Patterson (Infometrics)
- Jean-Pierre de Raad (NZIER)
A pretty broad spectrum of academic and consulting economists seem to agree on this one. We'd probably differ a bit on what would be the ideal replacement, but there's a pretty broad range of policies that would be preferable to the current system.
- Obvious points on student loans
- The 2011 budget breakdown and per capita expenditures on the student loan programme.
- Politically unsustainable?
- What should we think of a Prime Minister who says something is good economics but bad policy?
- Seamus on one distortion consequent to zero-percent loan rules
- Against forgiving student loans