Ed Glaeser is the world's best urban economist (says me). His book, The Triumph of the City, is the culmination of decades of serious work on urban issues. Do register for his talk and attend.
I'm really rather looking forward to this. Glaeser is one of the Elder Gods in the Pantheon of the EconGods.
- A review of The Triumph of the City
- Agglomeration: Saviour of New York, Bane of New Zealand
- Agglomeration revisited
- Skyscrapers, building codes, density, and making cities work
- Glaeser on the advantages of going to University
- Our department's fine Condliffe lectures: Hausman, Grossman, Blaug, Slemrod, Varian, Plott, Weitzman, Cochrane, Glaeser.