Wednesday 1 May 2019

PBRF

I do not miss having to worry about PBRF evidence portfolios.

The 2018 results are now up.

I hadn't realised how small Canterbury's econ group now was relative to the econ contingents at the other universities - at 10 FTE, they're now the smallest economics group in the country. Note that the measure doesn't count R ranked staff as those staff would not draw PBRF funding; I doubt including Rs would change that since there are only 10 in econ at Canty.


It's a good group - only Waikato seems to have a stronger research ranking, per capita, on an eyeball metric. So kudos!

Update: that eyeball metric is wrong. Waikato is top with 85% A or B-ranked. Otago's next with 73% so-ranked. Canterbury's very slightly behind on 70%. Everyone else is miles behind that.

I keep remembering an economics department of about 16-18 people from 2007. I miss that place.

1 comment:

  1. I feel for those ten R-graded staff. I'm sure that management will be very quick to shift all the blame on to them. From experience, I can tell you that anybody can pass PBRF, but some are unrealistically expected to do so with far larger teaching loads an less research support. Sadly, these are too often the hardest working and honest people.

    ReplyDelete