Is the glass is half empty?
- Wellington tap water is heavily chlorinated;
- no Christchurch School of Music;
- I'm no entophobe, but the insects here are bigger and more intrusive;
- the local Super XV team is the Hurricanes not the Crusaders;
- just as I leave Christchurch for Wellington the former gets a cricket ground better than the Basin Reserve.
- tuis in the back garden;
- forest walks in the city;
- lots of school options with no school uniform;
- in contrast to Christchurch, downtown doesn't look like there was a major earthquake in the past 12 months
- my employer not only provides rubbish bins in offices, but allows the cleaning staff to empty them!
These are not equally weighted: On balance, it has been a good move.